Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Poetry Inspired By Life’s Most Treasured Moments



Carol Calkins started writing poetry after a close friend passed away earlier this year. She never knew that poetry was her gift until the words began flowing from her effortlessly. The passing of a friend left Carol with a gift that she is now sharing with the world.

Her first poem which was inspired by the loss of her friend is listed below:

We Said Goodbye a Thousand Times
Don’t be sad about my parting
Don’t feel like you never said goodbye
For you and I both know deep in our hearts
That We Said Goodbye a Thousand Times
And shared so much love and joy every day

Be happy that I am now at peace
Be joyful that I have lived a wonderful life
Be happy that we have shared so much together

And remember I am always with you in a thought and a sigh
Every day when you see the beauty in nature think of me
Every day when you see the colorful flowers think of me
Every day when you see a frisky animal prancing around think of me
Every day when you look into the eyes of someone you love think of me

And know beyond a doubt that I am with you in everything you do
And know beyond a doubt that I am with you in everything you say
And know beyond a doubt that I am with you in every quiet moment of your life

Don’t be sad about my parting
Don’t feel like you never said goodbye
For you and I both know deep in our hearts
That We Said Goodbye a Thousand Times
And shared so much love and joy every day


After this first poem came through Carol, she began seeing poetry in every aspect of life, from new beginnings, to the special people and moments in life, to precious endings. In nine months Carol has written over 400 poems and has compiled her first book, Bring Poetry to Life, which is being released on Amazon on Wednesday, October 20th.

Whether we write poetry ourselves or just love the messages they teach us, we can all relate to the beauty that it invokes in our lives.

Grab a copy of Carol’s new book today, and pick up an extra copy for a friend and receive free shipping.

To find out more about Carol’s new book and to purchase your copy visit www.bringpoetrytolife.com


Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Gerri George said...

Comes from the heart; sad and lovely. Excellent poem.