Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Writing Quotes of the Day


"Writing is utter solitude, the descent into the cold abyss of oneself."
Franz Kafka

"Write your first draft with your heart. Re-write with your head."
From the movie Finding Forrester

"The coroner will find ink in my veins and blood on my typewriter keys."
C. Astrid Weber

"How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live."
Henry David Thoreau

"It is impossible to discourage the real writers - they don't give a damn what you say, they're going to write."
Sinclair Lewis

"Dancing in all its forms cannot be excluded from the curriculum of all noble education; dancing with the feet, with ideas, with words, and, need I add that one must also be able to dance with the pen?"
Friedrich Nietzsche

"Writing is both mask and unveiling."
E.B. White

"If I fall asleep with a pen in my hand, don't remove it - I might be writing in my dreams."
Danzae Pace

"There's only one person who needs a glass of water oftener than a small child tucked in for the night, and that's a writer sitting down to write."
Mignon McLaughlin

"One ought only to write when one leaves a piece of one's own flesh in the inkpot, each time one dips one's pen."
Leo Tolstoy


Bookmark and Share

No comments: