Sunday, November 1, 2009

In Memory of Poet Craig Arnold: Uncouplings


Uncouplings
by Craig Arnold

There is no I in teamwork
but there is a two maker


there is no I in together
but there is a got three
a get to her


the I in relationship
is the heart I slip on
a lithe prison


in all communication
we count on a mimic
(I am not uncomic)


our listening skills
are silent killings


there is no we in marriage
but a grim area


there is an I in family
also my fail

Source: Poetry (October 2008).

Craig Arnold (November 16, 1967 – c. April 27, 2009) went missing on the small volcanic island of Kuchinoerabujima, Japan. He went for a solo hike to explore an active volcano on the island and never returned to the inn where he was staying. His trail was found near a high cliff, and he was presumed to have died from a fatal fall near the date of his disappearance.





Bookmark and Share

No comments: