Saturday, May 24, 2008

Quotes of the Day

Jump off the cliff and build your wings on the way down.
-Ray Bradbury

Living's immediacy, you go full sail, you're in a fever of motion. Until it's safe and past and done and dead and you can say, like waking from a dream, "Yes I was happy then, yes now it's all over I can see I was happy then." Maybe that's the advantage of dying?
- Joyce Carol Oates

The tragedy of human beings is that men and women not only use one another as things but use themselves, present themselves, sell themselves... as things.
-Joyce Carol Oates

I'm living so far beyond my income that we may almost be said to be living apart.
-e.e. cummings

To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.
-e.e. cummings

Never take life seriously, no one gets out alive anyway.
-Anonymous

Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.
-Oscar Wilde

Another belief of mine, that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise.
-Margaret Atwood

We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be.
-Kurt Vonnegut

No comments: