Saturday, October 24, 2009

Blue's Revolutinary Rhetoric at the Nuyorican Poets Cafe

Warning: Adult Language/Mature Viewers Only

Blue told me about this video: "This poem was inspired from growing up in a poverty stricken neighborhood (Harlem 1970’s). And not knowing that we were poor until my dad joined the service and we began to travel and see how others were living. So one day while living in Tennessee some friends and I were listing to the radio, the DJ had visited New York City and he was making fun of New York City. The DJ had never seen a Bullet Proof Kentucky Fried Chicken Restaurant. So in the Poem, when I say, ”Bullet Proof Corner Stores never stop to take a breath’ I was basically saying that the stores stay open 24 hours a day. And the poem in its self just tells a story about me growing up in poverty and reminiscing about my younger years… and also laughing about it now...(I come from place where the scent of Roach spray gets me homesick.)."







Bookmark and Share

No comments: