Saturday, January 1, 2011

Quotes of the Day about Writing



"If I chance to talk a little wild, forgive me."
- William Shakespeare

"It took me fifteen years to discover that I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous."
- Robert Benchley

"Like stones, words are laborious and unforgiving, and the fitting of them together, like the fitting of stones, demands great patience and strength of purpose and particular skill."
- Edmund Morrison

"My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way."
- Ernest Hemingway

"Only those things are beautiful which are inspired by madness and written by reason."
- Andre Gide

"Poets need not go to Niagara to write about the force of falling water."
- Robert Frost

"Put it before them briefly so they will read it, clearly so they will appreciate it, picturesquely so they will remember it, and above all, accurately so they will be guided by its light."
- Joseph Pulitzer

Bookmark and Share

No comments: