Saturday, January 31, 2009

Stay Positive!


As many of you already know, I’m a big believer in staying positive and running as fast as I can from sucking-all-the-air-out-of-the-room negativity.

I don’t like hearing the phrase “writer’s block” said in my presence; don’t like listening to writers whining constantly about bad editors, bad editing, or nasty rejection letters.

If we are to succeed as writers and enjoy the fruits of artistic fulfillment, we must fight through all these temporary setbacks, all these trivialities, all these minor inconveniences.

We need to stay strong and inspired and spiritedly creative. We need to believe in who we are as writers and what we have to say in our work.

So repeat after me:

I am a good writer getting better every day.

I am strong enough to fight the hard fight of the publishing world.

I believe in my words, no matter what anyone says.

I will not let distractions bother me.

I will continue to write my heart and my soul, and I will make it as a writer in the face of all the odds against me.

Got it? You better. Or else I’m running from you like a sprinter bursting off the blocks.

Best always and, yes, stay positive,

Mike


Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Jenn Nixon said...

Good advice. When I feel down I think about Stuart Smalley (Al Franken)
"I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me."

:0)