Saturday, May 3, 2008

Featured Writing Quotes of the Day

Featured Writing Quotes of the Day

“If you do not have an alert and curious interest in character and dramatic situation, if you have no visual imagination and are unable to distinguish between honest emotional reactions and sentimental approaches to life, you will never write a competent short story.” - Edward J. O'Brien

“I write to become understood. After I had published my first novel many people started ethusiaticly commenting it. I had tried to talk about the same things in normal conversation, but my message hadn’t gone through. Now I found a channel for it.” - Raija Oranen

“Writing is communication, not self-expression. Nobody in this world wants to read your diary except your mother.” - Richard Peck

“Short stories can be rather stark and bare unless you put in the right details. Details make stories human, and the more human a story can be, the better.” - V. S. Pritchett

“Everything changes when you change.” - Jim Rohn

No comments: