Sunday, May 4, 2008

Featured Writing Quotes of the Day

Featured Writing Quotes of the Day

“If the sex scene doesn't make you want to do it - whatever it is they're doing - it hasn't been written right.” -Sloan Wilson

“Writing for adults, you have to keep reminding them of what is going on. The poor things have given up using their brains when they read. Children you only need to tell things to once.” - Diana Wynne Jones

“Sometimes I think it is a great mistake to have matter that can think and feel. It complains so. By the same token, though, I suppose that boulders and mountains and moons could be accused of being a little too phlegmatic.” - Kurt Vonnegut

“There are many reasons why novelists write – but they all have one thing in common: a need to create an alternative world.” - John Fowles

“Writing wasn’t easy to start. After I finally did it, I realized it was the most direct contact possible with the part of myself I thought I had lost, and which I constantly find new things from. Writing also includes the possibility of living many lives as well as living in any time or world possible. I can satisfy my enthusiasm for research, but jump like a calf outside the strict boundaries of science. I can speak about things that are important to me and somebody listens. It’s wonderful!” - Virpi Hämeen-Anttila

No comments: