Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Writer’s Relief Announces a NO-FEE Contest
Writer’s Relief announces a NO-FEE contest to celebrate its 15th anniversary as an author's submission service.
The grand prize is 25+ submissions of your work professionally targeted to agents, editors, or literary magazines (monetary value: $106). In other words, Writer's Relief will do the market research for you to make sure your work gets into the right hands. More information about this prize at:
To win, submit a poem, short story, or essay of exactly 15 words for our 15th anniversary!
Current clients can enter to win a $106 discount.
Honorable mentions will receive one of our T-shirts. You can see what they look like here: http://www.writersrelief.com/Products.asp#shirts.
The information you need to know:
Submit to: Writer’s Relief’s 15th Anniversary. E-mail via RTF or DOC attachment to: email@example.com. Please put “Contest Submission” in the subject line. Or mail to: “Contest Submission,” 409 South River Street, Hackensack, NJ 07601. NOTE: Your entry must be postmarked by 2/28/09.
Entry fee: NONE!
Type: Poems, short shorts, and short essays (15 words EXACTLY).
1. We will read entries anonymously, but YOU MUST include ALL of your contact information (name, mailing address, phone number, and e-mail address) with your submission.
2. Do NOT post your entry as a comment on our blog; it will be disqualified.
3. If your piece is under OR over 15 words, the submission will also be disqualified.
4. Do NOT include a title. We want the work to be strong enough to stand on its own.
5. Only ONE (1) entry per person.
6. Winning entries will be posted on our blog; we will acquire one-time rights.
7. Winners will be announced for our anniversary, which is March 15.
More information about Writer's Relief at http://www.writersrelief.com.