Saturday, October 24, 2009

Lauren Willig - 3/2/09 Lady Jane's Salon, NYC

Author Lauren Willig reading an excerpt from her NY Times Best Seller book THE TEMPTATION OF THE NIGHT JASMINE at Lady Jane's Salon, Madame X, NYC. March 2, 2009.

Lauren told me about this video: "A valiant crowd battled their way through an unseasonable March snowstorm to attend the second ever meeting of Lady Jane's Salon, New York's first romance reading series. The other writer's plane had been delayed... and delayed... and delayed again, so I wound up having a good deal more time to fill than anticipated. I usually read from the beginning of the book, to set up the story, but this time, with extra time on my hands, and people in need of a laugh on a grim and blustery night, I picked my favorite passage from the middle of the book, in which my modern heroine's best friend attempts to classify the male sex by comparing them to various ice cream flavors. It went over very well. Of course, that might also have been the champagne everyone was drinking... including me!"







Bookmark and Share

No comments: